Man is banned from entering McDonald’s in Ballymena for two years

McDonalds restaurant Ballymena
McDonald’s restaurant in Ballymena

A man has been banned from entering McDonald’s in Ballymena for two years.

Bailie McDowell (21), of Upper Princes Street in the town, was disorderly at the restaurant in the early hours of August 4 this year.

A prosecutor told the December 20 sitting of Ballymena Magistrates Court that at 1.50am on August 4 two intoxicated males were acting aggressively and refused to leave McDonald’s.

Police were called but the defendant returned at 2.30am and “threatened” a member of staff and was aggressive towards staff who were in the kitchen area.

When arrested, the defendant urinated and defecated in a cell and smeared faeces which needed professional cleaners to be brought in.

The defendant admitted charges of common assault, disorderly behaviour and criminal damage.

Defence solicitor John McAtamney said the defendant had been drinking all day and was probably still drunk in the police cell.

District Judge Nigel Broderick said it was “very poor behaviour”.

He added: “McDonald’s provides a service to the community, they don’t deserve you and acting aggressively and assaulting a member of staff”.

McDowell was given a three months jail term, suspended for one year, and the judge also imposed a Restraining Order which bans the defendant from entering McDonald’s in Ballymena for the next two years.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s