Architects working on ‘masterplan’ for Ballymena Showgrounds

ARCHITECTS have been appointed to progress a ‘masterplan’ for Balymena Showgrounds, councillors have been told.

A report prepared for councillors said: ‘This was to include the development of the stadium to meet the requirements of any potential Under-21 football tournament in 2023, which would need to have a 6,000-8,000 all-seater stadium.’

The report said the architects have now presented their first draft assessment.

The report said a meeting had been held with the Irish Football Association on February 5 to ‘explore potential funding streams’.

The report said the Council’s Chief Executive Anne Donaghy had written to the Minister for Communities outlining the investment to date and the ‘urgent need to release sub regional funding’.

Leave a reply