THE army bomb squad removed what police said was believed to be a ‘practice grenade’ as a security alert in Ballymena ended on Sunday afternoon.
The area at Rosses Meadow was sealed off earlier on Sunday following what the PSNI had said was the discovery of a “suspicious object”.
Army Technical officers arriving on the scene of a security alert at Rosses Meadow Ballymena.MATT STEELE MCAULEY MULTIMEDIA
Posted by Causeway Coast Community on Sunday, June 23, 2019
Rosses Meadow and Rosses Lane were closed to traffic and a number of houses had been evacuated, a PSNI spokesperson said.