MID and East Antrim Borough Council are delighted to support Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice Christmas Campaign ‘Jingle all the Way’ for another year.
The Mayor, Councillor Maureen Morrow, who attended the launch of the Ballymena ‘Jingle all the Way’ Campaign 2019 in Tullyglass Hotel said “all those involved were an inspiration.
There was an excellent turnout at the event and many shared their stories of how the charity have helped them in their lives.
Ballymena Hospice Support Group Secretary Muriel Barr, said: “We are so proud that Ballymena is the Flagship area for the Jingle Campaign province wide.
“The wonderful people of Ballymena and the surrounding area have taken the bravest of local children and their families to their hearts and are determined to help maintain and grow this unique and compassionate care provision.”
Some events including a Silly Shirt 5k and 10k walk, organised by Stephen and Marie Reynolds of the Front Page Bar and the Jingle Dinner at Hillstown Farm Shop have taken place already raising much needed funds for the charity.
Other events already planned in the run up to Christmas include:
* 10th October – Fashion Event – Ultimate in Fashion – 6 pm to 8.00 p.m. 20% discount all day.
* 12th October – Jingle Jive Night at Ballymena Livestock Market 8.00 p.m.
* 26th October – Ahoghill Thistle Charity Gala Ball – Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort at 6.30 p.m.
* 23rd November – Jingle Family Fun Day at the Harmony Hub and Tower Centre all day
* 30th November -Children’s Cinema Event – Frozen 2 at Ballymena IMC commencing at 9.30 a.m..
* 7th December – Ulster Defence Regiment , Ballymena Branch, Regimental Association CGC Coffee Morning in the Services Club – 10 am to 12 noon.
The fundraisers are asking the public to please support these events and get involved by organising your own fundraising event large or small.
For details contact: Muriel at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 07921558368.