FIREFIGHTERS wearing breathing apparatus have tackled a blaze at a Barnardo’s facility in Ballymena.
Fire broke out in a kitchen at the Barnardo’s Leaving Care Service building at Grove Road on Friday afternoon.
Three fire appliances – two from the nearby Ballymena Station and one from Antrim – responded to a call at 2.51pm.
A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “Firefighters were called to a fire in a kitchen on Grove Road, Ballymena.
“Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire. The incident was dealt with by 3.32pm.”
The spokeswoman said no injuries were reported.
The number of people who live in the Barnardo’s facility in Ballymena is unknown but it is believed to be a small number.
The leaving care service supports the transition from care to independent living.