Police say man was in Ballymena flat at time of arson attack

A boarded up property at Drumtara in Ballymena on Monday.

POLICE in Ballymena are appealing for information following an arson attack at a flat in the Drumtara area of the town in the early hours of Monday 23rd November.

Detective Sergeant Crothers said: “At around 12.05am, it was reported that a flat in the area had been set alight. One man was in the property at the time of the incident, however no injuries have been reported.

“Enquiries are continuing and we are appealing to anyone who witnessed anything suspicious in the area to contact police on 101, quoting reference number 4 of 23/11/20.

“You can also submit a report online using our non-emergency reporting form via http://www.psni.police.uk/makeareport/.

“Alternatively, information can also be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 which is 100% anonymous and gives people the power to speak up and stop crime.”

Alliance Ballymena Councillor Patricia O’Lynn has condemned those behind the attack.

“It is extremely concerning this flat was attacked in this way, particularly given there was a man inside at the time,” said Councillor O’Lynn.

“Thankfully, he escaped without injury. I condemn utterly those behind this attack, which could have easily seen someone injured or even killed.

“I urge anyone with information on this incident to contact police about it immediately.”

  • Statements can be sent to ballymenadaily@gmail.com

Skip to toolbar