Regeneration of former Michelin factory site continues with Council moving in

The former Michelin site

REGENERATION of the former Michelin factory in Ballymena continues with a number of council departments set to move in.

Mid & East Antrim Borough Council was recently told a ‘Regeneration Team’ was moving in on September 21, followed by the Economic Development Team on September 28.

A ‘Planning Team’ moves in on March 2020.

The former Michelin factory

 

A Council report said: ‘In May last year the Council approved leasing accommodation from Silverwood Limited at the former Michelin site for 5.5 years. The lease became effective from 1 August, 2019’.

Councillors were told the relocation of 47 council staff from the Ecos Park building to the Michelin site would enable the space at Ecos to be let to paying tenants.

The report said the Council had been granted a rent free period of six months at Michelin to help with the moving in process.

Leave a reply