NO new cases of Covid-19 were reported in the last day in Mid & East Antrim.
There have been 327 cases of coronavirus reported in Mid & East Antrim since the pandemic began; 409 in Antrim and Newtownabbey – up one since yesterday – and 248 in Causeway Coast & Glens – no rise.
14 new cases have been reported in the last 24 hours across Northern Ireland to bring the total number of cases in the region since the pandemic began to 4,790.
The 14 new cases were as a result of 1,120 people being tested.
The Department of Health said there had been one Covid-related death in the last day in Northern Ireland.
It was in the Ards & North Down area.
The Department of Health are now reporting 537 deaths in Northern Ireland since the outbreak started.
Two sets of statistics are produced – the Department of Health gives out daily updates – while NISRA (Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency) releases one report – on Fridays.
Friday’s NISRA figures show there have been 49 Covid-related deaths in Mid & East Antrim since the outbreak began.
The NISRA figures show that, by 29th May 2020, 754 COVID-19 related deaths had occurred across Northern Ireland, based on registrations up to 3rd June 2020. Department of Health figures for the same period showed a total of 528 deaths.
The NISRA report said there were 754 deaths and the breakdown of local government figure correlated with that, however, in an intro on a tweet about the statistics NISRA said there had been 757 deaths.
The NISRA report said their most recent statistics show there had been 49 Covid-related deaths in the Mid & East Antrim area; 78 in Antrim and Newtownabbey and 65 in Causeway Coast & Glens.
The Department of Health figure says there have been 41 deaths in the Mid & East Antrim Borough; 55 in Antrim and Newtownabbey and 38 in Causeway Coast & Glens.