Thursday’s update: Two new cases of Covid-19 reported in Mid & East Antrim

TWO new cases of Covid-19 have been reported in Mid & East Antrim.

Across Northern Ireland there were 33 new positive cases.

The Department of Health said 24 of the 33 cases had not been previously reported and that nine of the new cases were from the last day.

There has been 1 more death across NI in the last day according to Department of Health figures.

There have been 327 cases of coronavirus reported in Mid & East Antrim since the pandemic began; 407 in Antrim and Newtownabbey and 247 in Causeway Coast & Glens – up four.

The figures are some times revised and the Antrim and Newtownabbey figure is actually down one on yesterday’s released statistics.

The Health Department’s total number of pandemic related deaths for NI is 535 since the outbreak began – with one in the last day.

Last Friday, the Northern Ireland Statistics & Research Agency (NISRA) said their most recent statistics show there had been 46 Covid-related deaths in the Mid & East Antrim area; 73 in Antrim and Newtownabbey and 59 in Causeway Coast & Glens.

Those figures come out on Fridays.

Latest NISRA figures show that, by 22nd May 2020, 716 COVID-19 related deaths had occurred in Northern Ireland, based on registrations up to 27th May 2020.

There are different statistics relating to the number of deaths regarding coronavirus with the Department of Health figure saying there have been 41 deaths in the Mid & East Antrim Borough; 55 in Antrim and Newtownabbey and 38 in Causeway Coast & Glens.

The latest Department of Health statistics were issued on Thursday.

The 33 additional cases across Northern Ireland in the last day brings the total number of people who contracted coronavirus since the pandemic began to 4,773.

Leave a reply