VISITORS to town centres in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council area will have noticed that preparation work is already well underway for the much anticipated switch-on events, with celebrations due to begin in Ballymoney on Thursday 21st November.
This will mark Santa Claus’s first official stop of the season in the Borough, with hundreds of visitors expected to join in the festivities.
After this, he’s due to visit other towns and villages to take part in a very special calendar of events organised by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
Make sure to look out for his horse and carriage, lorry cab or his tractor and sleigh as he embarks on his journey.
He’ll set up his mobile grotto in each location, where all Primary School children and younger (accompanied by an adult) will receive a small festive gift.
Alongside this, there’ll be carol singing, music and ‘Quiet Time’ opportunities where children with additional needs can meet Santa, helping to ensure that everyone can be part of the magic.
The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council ,Councillor Sean Bateson, said: “Christmas is a very special time of year, and our beautiful light displays are a welcoming sight for our local communities and visitors alike.
“We have an exciting series of events taking place in nine locations to officially switch-on the Christmas lights, and I am delighted to have the opportunity to join in the celebrations.
“Our switch-on events are the perfect reason to visit our town centres and explore all they have to offer, and I would encourage everyone to get together with family and friends and join in the festive fun.”
- Thursday 21st November: Ballymoney – The fun begins in the town centre at 6.30pm with Beatz Entertainment, music from The Dandy Lyons, and carol singing followed by Santa’s arrival and the switch-on at 7.30pm. Live music will continue until 9pm. Also don’t forget to visit Castlecroft Square where Fuse FM bring you a host of entertainment including a Petting Farm Fire and Light Poi, Snow Globe and Inflatables.
‘Quiet Christmas’ will take place at Ballymoney Town Hall from 3pm – 5pm.
- Saturday 23rd November: Limavady – Entertainment will take place in Drumceatt Square from 4pm – 6pm with DJ Ned and carol singing choirs. Santa will travel in style through the town on a horse drawn carriage before arriving to switch on the lights at 5pm.
‘Quiet Christmas’ will take place in Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre from 1pm – 3pm.
- Thursday 28th November: Ballycastle – The fun begins in The Diamond area at 6.30pm with CJ Entertainments and carol singing on stage. Santa will arrive on his horse and carriage to switch on the lights at 7.15pm with entertainment continuing until 8.30pm. ‘Quiet Christmas’ will take place in Sheskburn House from 3pm – 5pm.
- Friday 29th November: Coleraine – Festivities begin in the town centre at 6pm with Beatz Entertainment and local choirs carol singing. Santa will arrive on his horse drawn carriage, accompanied by a spectacular festive parade, to switch on the lights at 7pm with live music from Hitlist continuing until 8.45pm. ‘Quiet Christmas’ will take place in Coleraine Town Hall from 3pm – 5pm.
- Saturday 30th November: Portstewart – Entertainment with Brian Moore begins at 3.30pm in the Crescent area along with carol singing. Santa will arrive in his lorry cab to switch on the lights at 4.15pm. Entertainment continues until 5pm.
- Saturday 30h November: Dungiven – Entertainment with DJ Ned begins at Main Street car park at 4pm along with carol singing. Santa will switch on the lights at 5pm after arriving on his tractor and sleigh with entertainment continuing until 6pm.
- Monday 2nd December: Garvagh – DJ Barry Thompson kicks off the entertainment at 6.30pm at Bridge Street car park and there’ll be carol singing before Santa arrives on his tractor and sleigh to switch on the lights at 7.30pm. Entertainment continues until 8.30pm.
- Friday 6th December: Portrush – Entertainment at the Amphitheatre begins from 6pm with Brian Moore and carol singing. Santa will arrive on his lorry cab to switch on the lights at 7.30pm. Entertainment continues to 8.30pm.
- Saturday 7th December: Kilrea – Entertainment begins at 4pm in the Diamond with DJ Barry Thompson and carol singing. Santa will switch on the lights at 5pm with entertainment until 6pm.
To book a place at the Quiet Christmas events in Ballymoney, Limavady, Ballycastle and Coleraine please email eventsColeraine@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk