18-year-old accused of murdering Ballymena man Jason Martin has court case further adjourned

Flowers were left at a property in Ballykeel following Jason Martin's death.

An 18-year-old accused of murdering Jason Martin in Ballymena had the case further adjourned at the town’s Magistrates Court, sitting in Antrim, on Thursday.

Jason Martin (31), died at a house on Orkney Drive in the Ballykeel area of Ballymena at the end of June.

The accused is Jordan McClintock (18), of Orkney Drive.

A defence solicitor told an earlier hearing the incident was a tragedy.

At a court earlier this summer the solicitor had said: “I have been asked on behalf of the defendant and his whole family to extend their deepest, heartfelt, sympathy to the deceased’s family”.

The lawyer stressed that McClintock co-operated fully throughout police interviews.

The case was listed again on Thursday where a prosecutor said the case file was still to be received from police.

The prosecutor added: “We will try to get a further update for the next court.”

The case was further adjourned to mid-September.

 

Leave a reply