A bail application is expected to be made by two Romanian men accused of attempting to abduct two teenage girls in the Harryville area of Ballymena, the town’s Magistrates Court was told.
Liviu Caprean (39), of Kinhilt Street, Ballymena, and Florin Boros (45), of Queen Street, Ballymena, are each charged with two counts of attempted abduction relating to May 19 this year.
They were previously remanded in custody and made their latest appearance at court via video link from prison.
A prosecutor said the case was being adjourned for a potential bail application.
A defence barrister said the charges related to an alleged attempted child abduction incident in the Ballymena area.
He said bail addresses in the Ballymena area would be unsuitable.
He said Caprean’s wife, described as a health worker who lived in Brighton, had left her job and travelled to Northern Ireland in an attempt to arrange a private rented property.
The case was adjourned to June 6.