A court has heard private rental accommodation was on the verge of being obtained by two Romanian men who are accused of attempting to abduct two teenage girls in the Harryville area of Ballymena but when police contacted the landlord the offer was revoked.
Liviu Caprean (39), of Kinhilt Street, Ballymena, and Florin Boros (45), of Queen Street, Ballymena, are each charged with two counts of attempted abduction relating to May 19 this year.
They were previously remanded in custody and appeared at Ballymena Magistrates Court via video link from prison on Thursday.
A defence lawyer said both men’s wives were in court and accommodation was being actively sought.
A previous court heard addresses were not being looked for in the Ballymena area.
District Judge Nigel Broderick remanded the men in continuing custody and the case was adjourned to July.
The judge said if a bail address is found the matter can come back to court before July.