Man (77) is banned from a shop in Ballymoney as part of bail conditions after being accused of sexual assault

Court

A 77-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a female has been banned from entering a shop in Ballymoney and is to have no contact with staff as part of his bail conditions.

Neville Charles Steven Scott, of St Patrick’s Park in Ballymoney, is accused of committing an offence on July 22 this year.

The particulars of the ‘sexual assault’ charge are that he ‘intentionally touched’ a female, ‘the circumstances being that the touching was sexual, that she did not consent to the touching and you did not reasonably believe that she so consented’.

The accused appeared in the dock at Coleraine Magistrates Court on Monday.

A police officer said he believed he could connect the defendant to the charge.

A prosecution lawyer said a full file in the case was not expected to be given to her department by police until mid-September.

No further details relating to the alleged offence were outlined to the court.

A defence solicitor said the defendant is receiving state pension and pension credit for which there had been a joint application in his wife’s name.

District Judge Peter King released the defendant on £500 bail with conditions to appear back at court at the end of September.

Leave a reply