Man bombarded ex-wife with text messages and threatened to break her jaw

A MAN who bombarded his ex-wife with text messages including one in which he threatened to break her jaw has been given a three months jail term, suspended for one year.

Tomasz Zbigniew Dominiak (38), of Maple Drive in Coleraine, committed harassment on dates between October 1, 2017 and December 5, 2018.

He sent at least 150 text messages in Polish and also made phone calls.

On one occasion he was outside a property banging on the windows for between five to ten minutes.

Defence solicitor John Murphy told Coleraine Magistrates Court, on Friday, the defendant had a completely clear record and there had been no subsequent incidents.

At the time of the offences, the lawyer said, Dominiak had been abusing alcohol as he had found it “difficult to cope with the breakdown of the marriage”.

The defendant was also banned from contacting his ex-wife over the next three years.

Leave a reply