A man who had previously had his case listed to contest charges of assaulting two ‘unknown’ females; having a screwdriver as an offensive weapon and being disorderly at a car park beside the Moy Park factory in Ballymena has been convicted in his absence.
Ovidiu Varga (36), with an address at Jerusalem Street in the ‘Holy Land’ area of Belfast, faced four charges relating to January 4, 2018.
The case was dealt with at Antrim Magistrates Court on Monday.
An arrest warrant was issued for the defendant.
Recently when the case was mentioned at Ballymena Magistrates Court, a defence lawyer said there was CCTV footage in connection with the case.
The lawyer had told Ballymena Court the defendant was in Romania but was expected to return to Northern Ireland in May and was due to attend court in June in Antrim to contest the allegations.