BRITAIN First say a rally planned for Ballymena on Saturday is still going ahead.
The PSNI Ballymena Facebook page issued a statement on Friday which said: ‘Ahead of Saturday’s event in the town we would like to advise those attending to be mindful of their behaviour and ensure their actions are lawful.
‘Those attending Ballymena to hand out literature are reminded that it is an offence to possess, publish, display and/or distribute material to stir up hatred and arouse fear.
‘We will be in the town all weekend to provide reassurance,’ the statement added.
Britain First said on their website: ‘The rally is still going ahead!’.
It added: ‘Despite police efforts to scupper the rally taking place in Ballymena tomorrow, the rally is still going ahead as planned. Britain First will not be bullied into exercising our sacred right to express our political beliefs.’
Earlier this week Britain First leader Paul Golding was charged with three counts of ‘publishing written material intended to stir up hatred’ and one count of ‘using threatening, abusive, insulting words or behaviour’.
He is expected to appear at Ballymena Magistrates Court in mid-November.